Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

DOST !!

SHADY !!


There was a time when I was sad and lonely,
Human friends of mine were few only.
I could feel my world slowly shrinking,
I was silent, yet constantly shreiking ……..
My tears dried !
My feelings died ! !.
I could not feel the joy of winning,
Could not feel the pain of loosing……….
I was in a crowd ,Yet all alone…
I could hear myself loudly shout………….Yet all alone! !
I wanted to run,
Din’t know where to go….
Din’t know where to hide…….
Din’t know what to do………
FREE , yet always was tied.
I had A tongue,…………..But had no words.
I had ears around me…………….But my voice not heard ! !,
I needed a friend,
But all in vain.
Cause the more I tried to make one…….
The more they withdrew away.
Life was A burden,
Changes were all so sudden.
I knew I would have crumbled,
If not for that one day……………
YES……..that one day,
When I needed him the most,
Came that very special DOST…..
Oh No ! I am not talking about A boy,
I am talking about my adorable pet ‘ TOY ‘.
‘ Toy ‘ was A sweet little Rabbit,
Caring for it had become A habit.
He kept me occupied,
And soon…………….Soon all my negativities died.
He was my little baby
Growing infront of me………maybe.
I would talk impatiently,
He would listen patiently.
He harmonized my thoughts……
And I loved him lots and lots.
His tenderly licking my hands,
Just showed how much he cared.
His quietly sleeping on my lap,
Just showed he was not at all scared.
He loved food,
Was always in A good mood.
He played everywhere,
Was unsafe nowhere.
He was my God’s Angel,
Sent to bring A smile on my face.
Oh ! my Gaurdian Angel…………..
I will never forget those days.
Toy ; went through his share of pain and joy.
He was delicate , mostly unwell.
But Oh ! He was Toy ; ‘ THE GREAT TOY ‘
Who struggled and led his life well.
He showed me A different side of life,
I was now optimistic ; at the edge of A knife…
Was now happy and hopeful……..
Was now practical but never mournful.
I became A strugller,
A good life juggler……..
I was balanced….
And so were my thoughts.
I decided not to give up,
And I instead ; Fought……………
All this I owe to my little Dost,
A dost who is an animal……….
But more human than most.
And life seemed like A carnival,
All because of my little Dost.
But destiny had other plans ,
When it’s purpose was finished,
They gave him no chance………..
I was left feeling diminished.
For , the friend I loved the most………….
I had no more , my only Dost.
He's gone , but his memories stay ,
Memories that cheer me up everyday.
I could’nt live life , but gone are those days….
I was A pessimist……..but now I think otherways,
Oh Friend ! where have you gone ?
From this world……..leaving me all alone.
I will miss you always ,
Love you forever and in everyways .
I’ll never forget the lessons you taught ,
Never forget ; how bravely with life , you fought………………
Toy , my little adorable Dost !
‘DOST’ ; I’ll always love you the most…….

SHIVANI SRIVASTAVA
5th November , 2007
Dedicated originally to ‘NEMO’..... now to 'SHADY' too !!


No comments:

Post a Comment